Thursday, October 18, 2012

Beginning to face the STRUGGLE

Don't forget that you can click each image to make it easier to read!

The last page was about the stages of the process.
When I read up on the topic of Goal setting, I found that the terminology I was using were not conventional, but the three stages I saw were pretty accurate, that is to get to the FINAL point, there are INTERMEDIATE STAGES to be gone through, and each of these stages consists of a series of MINI-STEPS with verifiable outcomes.
This first image was done a few days later, during which time I had begun this blog.

Next image was evoked by the idea that a key part of WONDERING, might be GRATITUDE - saying thanks for small details of our lives.
In the darkness, gratitude takes effort - again a DECISION which I need to make if I am to reach the WONDER and JOY I am aiming for.









A fellow-artist remarked that with all the pages I have made, there were few direct references to my own history of Christmas.
This image shows the 75 years of my life. I was struck by the number of times I had moved house, and I wondered whether this had seriously affected me, more than I realized.
 Next image is probably the one that surprised me most - I listed the 75 years again, in more orderly fashion, and rooted in my mind for memories.
What shocked me was the number of blank years of which I have no memory. This is possibly average, but it still surprised me as I expected to remember much more.








The STRUGGLE image raises questions - hoping to prod memories, but without success.

I think at least a part of my brain is deliberately 'not remembering' - doesn't want to go over the painful past, not even if there were a certainty that doing so might give me clues as to how to proceed.




Finally, I read this quote about PEACE this morning (Thursday), and thought that Peace and Joy are frequently linked in Christmas greeting cards.
Again, I am questioning about the decisional aspect of Peace. I sense that all these concepts are linked, but so far, the linkages are blurred, unclear, and somewhat confused. But despite this, that river is sparkling!

No comments:

Post a Comment