Wednesday, October 31, 2012

One Week Later ...

Don't forget that you can click each image to make it easier to read!

Two items from Reader's Digest which I got very annoyed at: The first is about A PERFECT CHRISTMAS - I'm working on having an AVERAGE celebration, not a perfect one - I don't need to feel the kind of pressures listed in this item
 

The second item is even worse - The very idea that AGEING is something to be against - ANTI, like as if it was something toxic like smoking, drugs, or even against people (anti-social), makes my blood boil.
AGEING is not just normal, average, and a part of human life, but also such a lovely stage - peaceful, with many reduced stresses.
I love being an aged person, and deeply resent the implication that people are making money fighting against this normal part of my life.
How would these same people feel if I were to start an ANTI-BEAUTY campaign!



The FIRST INTERVIEW - I will do a separate posting on the interviews. Suffice to say it was most enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to doing more.

CHRISTMAS FAITH was the fourth 'arm' of the mind-map I drew at the beginning of the Second Diary of the project.
I was surprised that I took quite a while and considerable effort to write - and it's not very detailed even then.

Taking FAITH as a kind of portmanteau word that contains a number of thoughts, I focused on Beliefs, Customs, and Practice but felt very constrained as I was writing.

I did a bit better with CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS - perhaps because I used images instead of words.
There isn't anything original about the images - reminds me of one year when I was about eleven or twelve, I used images like these when I made my Christmas cards. My brother, who seemed to me to be much more talented than I, didn't try so hard that year, and to my utter surprise, I got more compliments than he did. It was years later that I learned in Recovery to 'endorse myself for EFFORT and not for success'

CHRISTMAS MUSIC - as it happens, the first evidence that other people are preparing for Christmas has been a few bars of Christmas music. I'm surprised I didn't come up with any more classical pieces.






Another LEFT-HAND PAGE: another indication that I am stuck for something to write.
I pose an important QUESTION in relation to my FEARS AND PANICS:
What is the WORST thing that MIGHT happen if I do the things I HATE and FEAR to do?




I define CHRISTMAS CUSTOMS - maybe a CUSTOM is what you DO, while a TRADITION involves something you HAVE.
As I listed the various things people do, I became acutely away of the effort people put in in order to make these things happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment