Sunday, November 4, 2012

Deepak Chopra

podcast the john murray show.Tues Oct 30 2012

This is not a writer that I have read, although I do remember that when I worked in Veritas bookshop, his works were very popular.

But when I heard him interviewed on the John Murray Show, I was very impressed by one thing he said.

...not to be VICTIMIZED by our MEMORIES
but to USE our MEMORIES 
for NEW IMAGINATIONS.


I realize that this is exactly what I am doing in the matter of the theme of this project.
So many times, I am aware that there are positive memories in existence, but in my effort to block out unpleasant or painful memories, I am blocking out happy memories as well.

In Chopra's words, I am victimizing myself with these negative memories, and not making the positive memories available for the creation of 'new imaginations'.

Earlier in his talk, he mentioned letting go of unproductive thoughts:
"its just a thought, let it go, make the decision and do it, without trying to figure out how to do it.
Be in the present moment - just becoming aware that you are not in the present moment brings you into the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment