Friday, November 2, 2012

THE FIRST INTERVIEW


This is the PRELIMINARY EMAIL which I have sent to anyone willing to be interviewed.

Just a few remarks about what I'm hoping for tomorrow.
At the moment, I'm thinking that it is the audio of the interviews that will be what I will use

I'm thinking that audio of other people talking about their 'take' on Christmas will be a way of me 'de-prickling' the holly of my own take - see http://how-to-en-joy.blogspot.ie/2012/10/more-images-less-text.html
- sort of like, re-cementing me to the rest of the human race, instead of me floating away in my own little corracle.

If interviewees are positive, I will be seeking to explore their process of putting joy into the event
If they are negative, I will be exploring what I have in common with them, and seeking to identify changes I might consider making.

My overview lists headings which could be starter points, but I imagine they may not be needed. For what they are worth, here they are:
  • Religious Christmas
  • Secular Christmas
  • Personal Christmas
  • Family Christmas
  • Charity Christmas
  • Commercial Christmas.
The only specific questions I have in mind at this point are:
What effect does the idea of Christmas have on you?

What change or changes (if any) might you envisage yourself making this coming Christmas 2012?

INTERVIEW ONE
This session lasted a bit over an hour. I do have it recorded, but at this stage, am not sure whether I feel free to put it unedited online, so for the moment, there is just this screen-grab.



No comments:

Post a Comment