Sunday, December 30, 2012

December Pictures

These images (click the image to enlarge) are evidence to me that I actually did make some moments, even if I didn't let myself fully appreciate them.
Yes, in each case I had to 'command the muscles' to make myself do these things, but in the end, I have to admit that I had some marginal satisfaction for having done them.



I attended a birthday party.


I bought one piece of tinsel and wrapped it around the sculpture in our porch - making it look like a pregnant lady, appropriate for Advent!



I photographed a dawn heron on a roof at the back of our house.


I attended the winter festival 'Unwrapped' at our local art centre. The lantern second from the left is one I made at a workshop back in November.


The festival theme was Oscar Wilde's Selfish Giant, here seen as an enormous puppet.




This shows the Advent Taize service at St Dominic's, our local church. 











Again St Dominic's - this time for the annual Carol Service.










The weeping fig (ficus benjamina) serves as a C-tree - with mural of Picasso's Guernica in the background.



Zillions of Christmas cards received and displayed.
Also wrote our Christmas letter to family and friends - no idea how many emailed and posted.



The finished crib - no white lights left in the shops - maybe next year ....




Close up of the crib - after all, this is what it is all supposed to be about.




I bought and wrapped the presents - not all distributed yet - but the New Year is long ....





Lights in the porch, reflected in the glass.






Researched the 'luminaria' on the internet, and made this trial version.



This is how it looked when first lit. (Have to admit it extinguished itself soon after this image was taken, but I got it lighting again, using a better quality nightlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment