Monday, December 10, 2012

The Struggle continues ....

As always, don't forget to click on the image to see it more clearly.
I'm just realizing that maybe I should enter sub-items within the posting in reverse order, rather than in narrative order as they are below.
Of course, the ideal would be if I posted them, one by one, on the day they were written - but heigh! don't be looking for miracles!
Another new VISUAL DIARY - This is the title page, made on the page my iMac went for an upgrade. All went well, no major glitches, but anxiety levels remain high - crazy since there is nothing REAL to be afraid of


I find I am doing all kinds of things to escape from facing C tasks.
Then I sometimes find a gem of wisdom (light), and don't feel quite so bad.
This TED TALK is about Janine Shepherd is about an Olympian who was hit by a truck.
I've heard this anonymous quote a number of times.

Think it's appropriate for my current 'condition' - what would be another word, not from the medical model, ... and not negative ...
state? dilemma?
What about 'experiences'?
Back to Recovery again - so often I experience this as if it was a huge challenge, instead of being an average thing that other people do over and over every day.

But I have to admit, that writing this page did galvanize my thinking, and I did go to the Square the following day, bought some small gifts, and wrapped then that evening. Should call this a RED LETTER DAY!
Also on the next day, I made a conscious effort and endorsed myself for each little action I did. Writing/recording them around the border of the page was a big part of the endorsement effort.

And note that the word EFFORT is honoured by being edged in silver!
Note the date on this page - I didn't notice that I was giving myself an extra month, until my friend pointed it out to me.
Not surprising, really, considering the ridiculous time I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment