Monday, December 10, 2012

Marginally improved

CLICKING on an image makes it easier to read the handwriting!
This day's inspiration came from watching TV - the Irish language station TG4.
They have a series currently about the history of Irish dance, including Sean-Nos dancing in which I have an interest.
Surprising how difficult I find it to do even things I normally like when I'm in poor form (only applies to some things. I wonder why!).
 What I'm trying to show here is me wanting to hide inside the SPHERE (big LOVE, and little LOVE) - and seeing only chaos and confusion outside.
But then when I make myself be outward-looking from the security of the SPHERE, I had to admit that there are good things, even among the confusion.
 If you want to see this as a puzzle, all the words are linked in some way to the C I'm not letting myself mention.

For me solving the puzzle could mean doing something about these things. Of course, as time passes, even just a few days, I'm not totally sure just what each letter stands for!
 I've already mentioned that I use TED talks as one of my 'escapes'.
I even watch the ads from those who sponsor TED.
It was the Rolex ad that had this quote. Next time I watched, the ad had subtle differences, and later I found a print ad in Nat Geog which was different again: With the right amount of DETERMINATION, ANYONE can change EVERYTHING.
 This is me recording the good things from that journey I took unwillingly to the Square for the unwrapped festival of Christmas-tree lighting.
The lamp in the centre is one I made at a paper cutting course a few weeks ago.


This image comes from a conversation I had with one of my sons who suggested I might feel good if I finished one small art project, instead of being constantly working on big, never ending pieces.




Later on, I hit on the idea of working on the piece I did the preliminary work for back in 2010.

So last night, I re-opened the computer files, and found what I was last working on was very complicated.
I made a fresh start, and it was 0420 when I made it to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment